Saturday, July 12, 2008

Why am I doing this?

The title of this entry isn't referring to why am I trying to attempt to run a full marathon, but really is more trying to answer the question of why I am keeping this blog. I just finished watching a video of Mena Trott explaining why she and others blog. Why do we really blog when we know that no one is even reading this?

The most simple answer is that I am a bit of a narcissist, but the more complex answer is that I personally really want to document this experience- the highs and lows of training for a marathon. I want to be able to look back on this time of a my life and see how I was feeling at any given point. To be able to document this experience is a powerful and intimate thing. In years to come when I have a family of my own or my children's children have a family of their own I want them to be able to see what I did...ok, wait- maybe I am a narcissist?

No comments: