Thursday, June 12, 2008

Doing the best that you can do

So, I'm only going to complain once as I figure why would I complain about summer and heat when I long for this season all year. Anyways, ran 10km tempo in the heat and it was hot. The group this year seems to be characterized by those who want to qualify for the Boston Marathon and those of who just want to cross the finish line. So, there seems to be a bit of a difference in paces!

Is actually kind of a good learning experience being towards the back of the pack! I spend so much of my time being concerned with being the best and in running I'm not the best runner- I just attempt to do my best which I have come to realize is also a great achievement. So, each time I'm on a run I really do admire those people that make running look so easy (you know those types that just fly by you looking like they could do this all day long and hardly breaking a sweat), but I'm also proud of me as I know that I am running the best that I can for my ability.

No comments: